Key Practice Areas
When confronted with a legal dilemma, whether it is threat of foreclosure, a family matter, or a criminal charge, trusting the knowledge, integrity, and expertise of Kozar Law Group is your best course of action.
Real Estate Law
At Kozar Law Office, we help individuals and businesses sail smoothly through some of the most important transactions in a person’s life – the selling, buying or leasing of real estate. We offer our experience and knowledge to meet your legal needs and to provide efficient individualized attention to guide you through all the intricate details of a transaction from beginning to end.
The scope of our services includes:
- Assistance with selling and buying real estate
- Residential and commercial
- Short-sale transactions
- Drafting and negotiation of leases
- Residential and commercial real estate tax appeals
- Disputes with homeowners’ and condominium associations
- Forcible entry and detainer actions (evictions)
- Representing clients in zoning matters before local municipalities
Kozar Law Office extensive and comprehensive real estate experience makes us ideally suited to advocate your position and to achieve the best possible outcome.
Estate Planning and Probate
We offer a wide variety of estate planning and probate services. Whether you need a simple will or a revocable living trust, or need to understand the difference between them, our office can help you determine which one best suits your particular situation.
- preparation of wills
- living wills
- powers of attorney
Additionally, we help our clients with estate administration, probation of wills, disabilities, asset protection and with all other aspects of estate planning and management.
We also offer assistance with:
- probate estates
- trust administration
- related elder law concerns
Have you been served with foreclosure papers? Many people are shocked and overwhelmed when faced with the reality of foreclosure, but it is important to take action immediately to defend your home. If you have been served a copy of the foreclosure complaint by a process server, you typically must respond within 30 days. Otherwise, the court may enter a default judgment against you.
The bank has experienced attorneys working for it, so you need to see an attorney immediately if you wish to defend yourself. A foreclosure defense attorney from Kozar Law Office, LLC will thoroughly explain your rights and how you may be able to save your home from foreclosure.
You have rights under the Foreclosure Law. The bank may have filed the foreclosure lawsuit improperly, or violated State and Federal Protection Laws, you may have defenses and counterclaims against the bank that could stop them dead in their tracks.
The team at Kozar Law Office, LLC is armed with the knowledge, experience and resources to fight for you. Our attorneys have successfully litigated cases in state and federal court, at the trial and appellate level.
We will meet with you without cost or obligation, review your foreclosure complaint and discuss what options are available to you.
Contact Kozar Law Office, LLC for knowledgeable and highly personalized legal representation in divorce or other family law matters. We help our clients going through one of the most difficult and stressful periods of their lives and pass smoothly through those difficult to navigate and emotionally charged waters. Family law issues such as divorce, child custody and visitation, property division, or domestic violence often involve personal and emotional aspects that can deeply affect a person’s life. Kozar Law Office, LLC will work with you to show you the available legal options, the possible risks involved, the consequences of a particular legal strategy, and the best way to pursue your goals.
Our family law practice includes:
- Premarital and Postnuptial Agreements
- Divorce, Marital Settlement Agreements, and Separation Agreement
- Child Custody, Child Support, and Visitation
- Spousal Maintenance (Alimony)
- Post-Divorce Disputes (Enforcement of Divorce Judgments, Modifications of Divorce Judgments, Child Support or Spousal Support Orders)
- Domestic Violence and Orders of Protection.
Business and Commercial Law; Lending and Credit Law; Collections
Whether your company has just been formed or is an established business, at Kozar Law Office, LLC, we will offer an effective business solution to your every practical need.
The scope of our business law practice area includes:
- Choice of a business entity – reviewing the various consequences of choosing one form of a business entity over another (corporation, limited liability company, partnership, limited partnership and other types of entities).
- Establishing the business entity - preparation and filing of all organizational documents.
- Preparation of business agreements – consultations, negotiations, and drafting of various business agreements such as purchase and sale contracts, lease agreements, operating agreements, distribution agreements, employment, non-compete, and other business agreements.
- Issues related to operating the business - preparation of annual reports, minutes of company meetings, consultations regarding business operating issues.
- Litigation – representing clients in all kinds of business litigation, including contract disputes, collections, injunction actions, and all other forms of general business litigation. Additionally, Kozar Law Office, LLC, provides its clients various services in the areas of landlord and tenant law, lending and creditor law, and debt collections.
- Landlord and tenant law - we can commence an eviction action against a tenant who has breached a rental agreement by failing to make timely payments or for any other breach of the agreement. We can obtain possession of the property for the creditor and collect any money owed under the rental agreement, as well as any incurred damages.
- Debtor/creditor law and collections - preparation of lending documents, including debt and collateral instruments and guaranties; enforcement of creditors’ rights, and post-judgment collections on behalf of our clients.
Entertainment law is a broad practice of law, encompassing many facets at both the State and Federal levels, including, but not limited to: trademarks; copyrights; business formation, development, and protection; and contract agreements and disputes. Proper forethought and early protective measures can significantly reduce costs and time involved in both litigation and transactional disputes.
Specific plans tailored to your entertainment business needs As each entertainment client is different, their needs are also different, and Kozar Law Office, LLC provides specialized plans and services for each of our clients. Whether you are a musician, band, artist, playwright, author, composer, songwriter, or business that features live performances or gallery displays, Kozar Law Office, LLC can fit your needs.
As an entertainer, you want your audience to be able to recognize your name, your logo, and your brand. Registering your trademark is one of the best ways to protect your interests. We can file your trademark application with the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) on your behalf. We can police and protect your trademark(s) to ensure that your rights are not being infringed upon.
Creating a work of art, writing a story, and recording a song are hard enough – let our office explain how your works can be protected and how you can financially capitalize on those works.
BUSINESS FORMATION, DEVELOPMENT, AND PROTECTION
If you are thinking of starting a business, we can advise as to what type of business you should form, and can draft the proper documents. Whether you have been in business for years, or are just beginning, every business should have proper protections set in place for its owners, members, and/or shareholders. We can advise which agreement(s) will work best for your individual and business needs.
CONTRACT AGREEMENT AND DISPUTES
Don’t sign anything that sounds too good to be true; let us make sure that your interests are protected before you sign a contract. Whether you have been offered or are requesting a Non-Disclosure Agreement, Non-Solicitation Agreement, Recording or Performance Contract, Gallery Arrangement, or Licensing Agreement, allow our office to ensure that you are in the best position possible.
PATENTS (by affiliation)
Your property rights for your invention(s) can be secured through obtaining a patent. Obtaining a utility patent, a design patent, or a plant patent is complex; let us aid you in this process.
- Trademark searches and reports
- Trademark application filings
- Trademark enforcement
- Copyright application filings
- Contract review and negotiation
- Contract litigation
- Trademark and copyright litigation
- License drafting, review, and negotiation
- Business transactions
- LLC, corporation (INC), LTD formation and filing
Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury lawsuits are filed by people (or their relatives) who have been injured or killed because of the wrongful conduct of some other person or entity. The injury may be either physical or emotional, and it may be in the form of a sickness or disease.
Among the most common types of personal injury claims are:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Animal attacks
- Products liability
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Dram shop (liquor establishment) liability, etc.
To resolve a personal injury claim, if the parties don’t agree on a settlement, a civil lawsuit is filed. Civil claims seek only monetary damages (usually, compensatory damages). If the court or the jury find someone responsible for causing an injury to another person, the person causing the injury may be required to pay compensatory damages. Compensatory damages may include pain and suffering, lost wages (past and future), medical expenses (past and future), loss of a normal life, and loss of society. Furthermore, in some cases where the defendant’s conduct was not just negligent, but reckless or intentional punitive damages may also be awarded to punish the defendant.
The times after a personal injury can be difficult and life-altering. In addition to physical healing and recovery, you may have to face numerous additional issues demanding your immediate attention such as resolving insurance issues, securing medical care and payment of medical bills, loss of income, taking time off of work, and many others.
When placed in such a difficult situation, a timely and competent legal assistance will help you navigate smoothly through the numerous and confusing problems arising out of a personal injury predicament.
Home Owners Associations
We provide quality legal services and personalized attention at reasonable rates to numerous Homeowners and Condominium Associations throughout Illinois. Our goal is to ensure that each client is fully informed so that they make the best choices possible with respect to their legal issues.
Our focus is the representation of condominium and homeowner associations in the areas of general counsel, collections and litigation.
- Collections [demand letters], liens and payment plans; foreclosure procedures; forcible entry and detainer actions (evictions), serving unit owners with thirty-day notice to vacate
- Collections of 6 months past due assessments pursuant to Illinois Condominium Property Act, 765 ILCS 605/9(g)]; drafting legal opinions; draft and review of By-laws, Rules & Regulations, and Amendments
- Contract review & advice
- Insurance claims assistance
- Board authority & governance issues; governing document enforcement & interpretation assistance
- Association incorporation process; identifying and formalizing an Association’s Collection policy, and other issues related to the Associations’ general activities.
Other Practice Areas
Don't see a Practice Area specific to your needs? Contact us to see if we can assist or refer you to another law firm. Either way, we're happy to help!
Don't hesitate to contact us. We have helped many people in similar situations. We hope to hear from you soon and look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you.